We hacked the secret recipe and now you can make the Taco Bell Red Sauce at home.
There’s no need to save the packets of sauce from Taco Bell, we have an easy homemade red sauce, that tastes incredibly like Taco Bell’s and you can make it in minutes.
Serve it on Taco Bell Bean burritos, tacos, chicken tacos, quesadillas, burritos, nachos, pinto beans and cheese, and more.
It keeps incredibly well, so you can simply add it to your Taco Night Buffet with sour cream, ground beef, refried beans, cheddar cheese, pico de Gallo, corn tortilla, flour tortilla, and other toppings.
Taco Bell Red Sauce:
8-ounce can tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon. chili powder
1-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1-1/2 teaspoon dried minced onions
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Make the Red Sauce:
In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, prepare the sauce by mixing the first eleven ingredients (tomato sauce through cayenne pepper).
Cook at a low simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Make a big batch of this sauce.
It keeps easy for convenience when it’s taco night or you have a hankering for authentic Mexican food or Taco Bell.
- Room Temperature: You can keep Taco Bell Sauce at room temperature for up to a week in an airtight container stored it in a dry cool place.
- Fridge: It will stay good in the fridge for up to 2 months in an airtight bottle or jar.
- Freezer: You can even freeze the sauce for up to 6 months. To use, allow the sauce to defrost in the fridge before serving it on your next Mexican-style dinner.
Copycat Sauce Recipe Variations:
Elevate your spice level with these taco sauce options.
- Mild Sauce: If you’d like a more mild red sauce omit the cayenne pepper and chili pepper.
- Extra Spicy Sauce: You can make this mild sauce hotter by adding spicy ingredients such as chili pepper, jalapeno peppers, habanero peppers.
Copycat Taco Bell Fire Sauce:
This is Taco Bell’s spicy, hot red sauce!
1 can tomato paste
3 cups Water
3 tablespoons Vinegar
3 tablespoons finely minced Jalapeno slices
1 tablespoon Chili Powder
1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
2 teaspoons Salt
2 teaspoons Cornstarch
1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 teaspoon Sugar
¼ teaspoon Onion powder
1 dash Garlic powder
How to Make Taco Bell Fire Hot Sauce:
Combine and mix all ingredients together and prepare them in a sauce pan just as you would the Red Sauce recipe.