Moist, tender chicken with artichoke hearts and parmesan cheese make this artichoke chicken salad recipe one you’ll make again and again.
This is one of our favorite summertime meals.
It’s light and easy and filled with texture and tastes to satisfy.
Artichoke Chicken Salad Recipe
14 oz. artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
1.5 cups finely diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup finely diced red or green bell pepper
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
1 lemon (1 teaspoon zest; 2 teaspoons juice)
1/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing (I prefer Newman’s)
1 small garlic clove, pressed
Grated fresh Parmesan Cheese
Coarsely ground pepper
How to Make Artichoke Chicken Salad:
Combine artichokes, chicken, bell pepper, parsley, lemon zest, juice, dressing, and garlic.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
When serving, grate parmesan cheese over chicken mixture and top with coarsely ground pepper.
Serve in flour tortillas, on the side, or between bread as a sandwich.
This salad is also delicious mixed in with penne pasta!
Makes 12 servings
Make Bread Cups for easy serving:
If you want a convenient, edible bowl for this delicious artichoke chicken salad, here is how to make a bread bowl.
It’s super easy and fun.
We made them for a Finding Nemo-themed party.
My kids came up with the idea with a play of words, “Chicken Catch-A-Dory”.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a rolling pin to press each piece of Bread flat
- Use a pizza wheel, or knife and trim the crust to make the bread slices square
- Using a pastry brush, brush the melted butter over each slice of bread.
- Make a slice approximately one inch long in the middle of the bridge, on two sides.
- Gently overlap the “tabs” from the slits and press gently into a muffin tin
- Repeat until you have filled all tins
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes. You may want to cover the “points” of the tart with aluminum foil to keep from burning.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely in the tin.
- Remove the bread cup and fill with pie filling and top with chicken salad!
Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 1.5 cups finely diced cooked chicken
- ½ cup finely diced green onions
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 lemon (1 teaspoon zest; 2 teaspoons juice)
- ¼ cup creamy Caesar salad dressing (I prefer Newman’s)
- 1 blackberry per cup
- butter lettuce
Chicken Salad Directions
- Combine chicken, green onion, parsley, lemon zest, juice, dressing, and garlic.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop chicken salad into bread cup on top of the leaf of butter lettuce and top with a single blackberry